Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Agency Shipping Specialist I plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s Shipping functions. The role is primarily responsible, under direct supervision, for assisting the Agency Shipping Supervisor with the delivery of loans into the Cash channel while adhering to the company’s Agency policies, procedures and guidelines in the delivery of Agency MBS Pools and Cash Commitments.
- Monitor of daily Marketing/Shipping reports to determine newly allocated Agency Cash loans, as directed.
- Act on daily direction from Agency Shipping Supervisor for Agency Cash Commitment deliveries apart from those on the Allocation report.
- Perform the shipping preparation tasks needed for specific Cash deliveries to Agency programs/investors as identified by the SVP & VP’s of Secondary Marketing.
- Work closely with Shipping Department administrative staff and warehouse banks to assure timely delivery of Notes to FNMA, FHLMC and GNMA custodians. Monitor timely execution of respective Agency Release Forms by the warehouse bank(s) and forward to the Agency custodian to meet Cash Commitment submission and certification deadlines.
- Process and submit loan data to FNMA & FHLMC Cash via Agency/Investor websites with Guild created data and imports.
- Assist in creating and maintaining knowledge of delivery edits and cures/corrections through utilization of Guild tools, including but not limited to Blitzdocs, i5, Agency Guides, Underwriter, Processor, Funder and management communication, documenting solutions for team review and enhanced team knowledge base.
- Maintain appropriate hard copy files during Cash loan sale submissions until the Agency has purchased the loans and Agency Purchase Advices have been processed in the Finance Department
- Monitor daily Agency Cash Certifications and Fundings, notification to supervisor of any impending failures in any aspect.
- Acquire & maintain current knowledge of all Agency shipping/delivery processes and edits.
- Complete, order or create specific documentation, corrections, and/or missing documents to meet Cash delivery certification and funding requirements.
- Maintain the i5 updated with status change covering issues delaying loan delivery, loan purchase and loan decline.
- Submit suggestions for changes in procedures, automation and forms to increase department efficiency and accuracy.
- Deliver data and documents according to investor guidelines; as well as, meeting the timeline set by Secondary Marketing to prevent market adjustments.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for verification of data by investor for loans to be purchased prior to delivery rate expiration.
- Communicate with co-workers to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, along with a minimum of 1 year mortgage related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Word and Excel; Blitz Docs, Fax Machine, Telephone, ten-key calculator, and scanner/copiers required.
- Ability to be responsive to various deadlines with Secondary Marketing, Agencies, warehouse banks.
- Ability to follow written & verbal instructions is critical. Must be able to be extremely focused and detail oriented.
- Ability to perform well in a very fast paced environment and under very high and strict deadline pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to convey mission critical information to Agency, warehouse & custodian staff, Agency Shipping team members, supervisor, and management in person, email, or telephone.
- Ability to understand FNMA & FHLMC guides and Federal and State regulatory agency material as needed.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Direct supervision, depending on experience
- Use sound judgment in executing core job responsibilities, escalating more complex issues for advice and resolution
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Constant use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.