Let's talk about the team and you:
ResMed is seeking a highly motivated, self-driven Senior User Researcher to join the Digital Health Technology UX team. You have a passion for using design thinking to drive innovative, user-centric solutions across a global ecosystem of products, services, and digital technology.
You have an extensive background in user research and knowledge of UX best practices.
You possess an eagerness to influence business decisions for the customer through user empathy and a passion for shaping company culture and processes. You have relentless determination to represent the voice of the customer to inform product and service design around user behaviors, emotions and needs and passionate about solving for the right problems.
As a Senior User Researcher, you'll work with business partners and product teams to identify research topics, planning, running, synthesizing and communicating findings in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner. You will also be responsible for driving and implementing a research strategy, mentoring other researchers, establishing and maintaining processes, guidelines, documentation and facilitating workshops.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- Maintain research calendar and study and experimentation plans
- Plan and facilitate design thinking and lean workshops
- Meet with business owners to understand objectives, review study goals, hypotheses, and assumptions
- Develop study designs, provide expertise on best method for capturing behavioral and attitudinal insights.
- Prepare research artifacts eg screener, interview guide, script, tasks, etc
- Work with vendors to screen, recruit and schedule participants
- Running research
- Implement studies to capture insights across various moments of user experience from imagining to the recollection of a service/product experience
- Conduct early generative research to identify user problems, work with designers to ensure prototypes meet research needs
- Perform rapid qualitative user testing of prototypes
- Participate in observation, notetaking, and analysis for studies as needed
- Synthesizing and reporting insights
- Run synthesis workshops and create artifacts eg user journey maps, affinity diagram, personas, service design blueprints etc.
- Map the interactions of the various backstage operations, tools, and processes that influence the customer's relationship with our organization
- Present findings to teams and critical stakeholders
- Provide empathetic insights into the problem space as experienced by the user
- Conduct data analysis
- Prepare documentation for medical device clearance as needed
- Provide recommendations, serve as SME on the user in ideation and discussions
- Establish research guidelines and incorporate best practices into our processes
- Co-create and maintain personas
- Recruit for and manage the engagement of customer panels
- Build an internal body of knowledge experts in our users' behaviors, motivations, and needs with the product teams
- Ensure visibility and collaboration with other disciplines by bringing them along with research processes and promoting the value of research
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Let's talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum BA/BS in Product Design, HCI/Cognitive Science, Psychology, or related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience leading generative and evaluative research studies with a proven track record of discovering big user problems and gathering customer insights to inform design decisions
- Deep understanding of user research methods, user-centered design process and best practices, and participatory design
- Experience with various research techniques spanning both attitudinal and behavioral as well as quantitative and qualitative methods, eg usability testing (remote, moderated/unmoderated, RITE, in-lab) of prototypes and existing products/services, field research, ethnography, longitudinal research, benchmarking, contextual inquiry, concept testing, wizard-of-oz, surveys, card sorting, A/B testing, personas, etc.
- Experience with lean experimentation methods and testing MVP concepts
- Seasoned practitioner in moderating and interviewing users
- Experience with running UX and synthesis workshops, eg customer journey mapping, mental model/opportunity mapping, empathy mapping, affinity diagrams, lean assumptions mapping, prioritization matrix etc.
- Strong online portfolio showcasing case studies and demonstrating a variety of research and design thinking methods/activities
- Familiarity with using online testing tools
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation/persuasion, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely at varying functions and levels of the organization
- Experience working in an agile, fast-paced, collaborative environment alongside design, engineering, and product management/marketing
- Experience working in the healthcare field on patient engagement, behavior change, and/or FDA requirements for medical device clearance a plus, International research experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!