To lead Audit Services' efforts to expand the use of data analytics in audit scoping and execution, improve audit coverage and efficiency, and become a department leader in data analytics. Train other auditors in using data analytics tools and identify where data analytics and tools can be used in audits and in managing the audit services department. Also lead other technology efforts within Audit Services in an aim to further automate and modernize internal audit tools and functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, and champion relevant data analytics, data visualization, and continuous auditing/monitoring opportunities.
- Drive performance of analytics solutions to impact audit scope, driving efficiencies in the audit process.
- Creation and execution of the Internal Audit long range data analytics strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate with the Internal Audit team to identify new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, automation, data visualization, and addressing audit issues in a proactive manner. Develop positive working relationships with business leaders, finance and information technology teams.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of companies IS applications environment and has a good understanding of emerging data mining and analysis techniques and trends. Follows a methodology that articulates a concept, analyzes the information needs of the user, creates a blueprint for the design with the necessary specifications (hardware, software, people and data resources), programs the logic and scripts, and evaluates the actual functionality in relation to expectations.
- Lead development of broader technology strategy for the Audit Service department.
- Perform quality assurance reviews and support, and other tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration required.
- 8-10 years experience working in External Audit or Internal Audit, with a focus on Data Analytics.
- Prior role within consulting or internal audit function covering data analytics/automation/visualization.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong SQL and knowledge of data extraction and manipulation.
- Technical knowledge of data models and database design.
- Ability to work with multiple sources of disparate data.
- Working knowledge of tools for data analysis and data visualization tools such as Alteryx and Tableau.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Strong communication skills and ability to thrive in a fast paced, multiple-deliverables, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques, the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, COSO internal controls concepts, information systems, and contemporary internal audit and compliance practices.
Licenses and Certifications:
Area of Interest