Let’s Talk About the Team and You
As the world-leading connected health company, leveraging the AWS public cloud in support of better clinical outcomes for patients and business outcomes for our partners is a critical component of our core strategy. The Platform Reliability Engineering team is responsible for leading the way in executing on this promise. This position will partner with our PD engineering teams to build the systems and capabilities to leverage cloud resources.
We are a technically forward-thinking team always looking for the best solution and we focus on a culture of learning where everyone continues to grow. We want to provide the best and most innovative work experience and culture for all of our team members.
Who are you? You are a builder and have a deep understanding of a wide-variety of tools and technologies which you can combine with desired business outcomes to create compelling architectures. You are comfortable presenting your ideas to all levels of management and technical and non-technical audiences as well as guiding engineering teams in their implementation. You have a dedication and commitment to customer focus and success.
Let’s Talk About Responsibilities
- Demonstrate thought leadership on cloud architecture and become a trusted advisor to decision-makers
- Work with key technical stakeholders to understand desired business and clinical outcomes and communicate impactful solutions leveraging the most relevant tools and technologies
- Working with product owners to understand the customer’s perspective (internal and external) during product and architecture planning
- Deliver cloud solution templates using AWS public cloud services and as a key member of Cloud Enablement, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services
- Provide guidance and/or approval for team cloud architectures
- Lead envisioning, Architecture Design Sessions (ADS) and Provide Proof of Concepts (POCs) for assessment of technology/business benefit
- Work directly with platform engineers to implement solutions efficiently, effectively and sustainably to deliver end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring and infrastructure management in the cloud environment
- Ensures compliance of architectural and engineering policies, standards and procedures
- Provide technical mentoring and coaching of other team members
Let’s Talk Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess strong cloud implementation experience in architecture, design, compute, and storage services
- Extensive understanding of multi-account/multi-region based design patterns
- Deep experience creating and building large scale cloud native application platform ecosystems
- Expertise with serverless, microservices, and other modern application architectures
- Ability to evangelize solutions and generate enthusiasm and commitment
- Experience across all domains in infrastructure including network, security, compute, storage and infrastructure, and application automation
- Hands-on experience in architecting and designing complex distributed applications using native AWS services like S3, lambda, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, KMS, ECS etc.
- Ability to learn new AWS native services and do the proof of concepts as part of the solutions.
- Experience with delivery of cloud Infrastructure with automation and DevOps, CI/CD
- Thorough programming and development skills using languages like python, go
- Developing infrastructure as code and cloud orchestration modules to automate everyday developer or operations functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proactive collaboration capabilities
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
Advanced AWS Certifications in either SysOps or Architecture
7-10 years of experience designing, implementing, and deploying distributed or cloud-based applications demonstrating architectural skills needed to ensure availability and scalability
7-10 years Python experience
3+ years Terraform experience
3+ years Cloud Networking
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!