SAIC is looking for a cleared candidate with US Navy fleet experience and familiar with DOD Acquisition. The engineering position and associated work assists with the implementation of systems integration functions for a C-ISR Program of Record within the Program Executive Office, Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I). The program is a CNO-directed mission critical system.
- Evaluate system requirements. Derive related measurable performance criteria.
- Work to define system integration onto manned and unmanned vessels; specifically system interoperability requirements. Refinement system architecture(s) to meet operability needs on manned and unmanned vessels.
- Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and seek multiple solutions for consideration.
- Conduct SE activities based on sound engineering practices, fleet experience and acquisition feasibility.
- Elicit and refine customer-derived requirements.
- Ensure designs fully support documented requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints.
- Perform Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contribute to the development of revised and new principles and concepts.
Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Applicable/significant experience (4 additional years of experience) is acceptable in lieu of a STEM type or advanced degree. Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Familiarization with radio frequency waveform generation, transmission and propagation.
Prior Navy Fleet experience in SIGINT and C-ISR systems.
Understanding of Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I), NAVWAR, and Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific organizations.
Experience with DoD Acquisition Program processes and policies. Any of the following certifications: DAWIA, PMP, INCOSE, Agile, DevOps, SecDevOps.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability