The Director, Market Access for North America reports to the VP, Government Affairs & Market Access and will develop and drive market access strategies for ResMed businesses to reduce barriers to patient access, maintain that access, facilitate introduction of new technologies and enable competitive reimbursement and funding for our technology and pipeline.
This role will collaborate with business partners to prioritize initiatives and will develop the payer value messages, core value dossiers and technology evaluation assessments. The Director of Market Access is responsible for working with payers to establish medical policy and value-based reimbursement to maximize access for patients and providers to ResMed technology and services. This includes leading and engaging cross-functional teams with marketing, medical affairs, R&D, government affairs, healthcare economics and outcomes research and business leaders.
Critical success in this role is the ability to articulate highly complex clinical information and ResMed value propositions to key stakeholders including but not limited to senior level Medical Directors and key policy makers across the healthcare industry. In addition, this role delivers comprehensive market access intelligence, analysis along with recommendations to ensure product acceptance by key partners, including payers, healthcare systems and governments.
Let’s talk about Responsibilities
- Collaborate cross functionally (e.g., Commercial teams, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Marketing, Government Affairs, HEOR, and Market Access global counterparts) as a team member or team leader in order to achieve payment policy and reimbursement or funding of our technology aligned with the business in the U.S. and Canada.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategies to broaden payer coverage policies and maximize reimbursement.
- Develop and maintain working relationships across a spectrum of payers and other key stakeholders to raise awareness of technology and positively influence coverage/adoption decisions.
- Develop pre-commercialization market access launch planning strategies as appropriate, including, working closely with Medical Affairs disciplines to inform strategic evidence generation and tools for use in discussion with institutions and payers.
- Provide insight to inform business strategy, key opinion leaders and stakeholders and major customers to collaborate on key payment policy initiatives.
- Responsible for influencing executives, academics, regulators or policy makers and representing the organization as a thought leader in our industry. This includes contributing to external comments and partner communications when necessary.
Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or equivalent experience; plus a minimum of 8 years of experience in market access/managed market roles in either pharmaceutical, biotech, or preferably medical device industries.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with payers, health systems, and other organized customers at the national and regional level.
- Experience communicating healthcare economic and/or clinical outcomes research data and recommendations to Payer’s executive management.
- Working acumen on healthcare economics, market access, US healthcare systems (e.g. health care financing), and coding conventions for medical devices in multiple care settings.
- Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish business objectives.
- Must be a self-starter, with a high degree of intrinsic motivation.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and intellectual curiosity.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with the ability to persuasively and succinctly communicate complex concepts and programs at the highest levels of business and government .
- Mission-oriented and entrepreneurial candidates are strongly preferred.
- Past experience with a commercial Payer
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!