This position will achieve desired results driving greater efficiency, effectiveness, and capability to enable rapid company and revenue growth while creating infrastructure to support Illumina's business strategy and operational plans. Will drive sales transformation, standardization and continuous improvement in systems, processes and business practices for better territory alignment to go-to-market strategies and measurement of progress against sales targets. Responsible for the optimal deployment of global sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process together with regional teams to build an organization of continuous process improvement, including organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models. Serves as global owner of sales planning methodologies including Account and Territory Planning capabilities. Works closely with senior Commercial leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives to drive sales efficiency and productivity. Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Refine existing, define new and standardize sales policies & processes across the global organization and multiple sales channels to improve operational efficiency, sales productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales productivity improvement.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization including competitor intelligence and accurate market segmentation within adopted CRM.
- Drives the implementation and institutionalization of a sales infrastructure to pro-actively support coverage of a multi-channel sales execution strategy aimed at successfully driving new customer acquisition in new industries and geographies.
- Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Coordinates with global sales training to ensure effective content delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- The ideal candidate will possess strategic planning capability mixed with an outstanding ability to drive execution and adoption of operational enhancements.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Must understand various sales channel operations to include prospecting, inside telesales, field sales, channel partners, and electronic transacting.
- Ability to effectively lead, plan and execute on plans for process improvement.
- Ability to evaluate solutions from both a near term and long-term perspective.
- Strong sales, financial and analytical background with attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to position initiatives, decisions, and outcomes to diverse audiences.
- Ability to influence cross functionally and solve complex problems.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, embrace change, and innovate in a fast past environment.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Requires Bachelor's, advanced degrees a plus
- 5-7 years’ experience in Technology, Biotechnology or Healthcare B2B Sales, Sales Management, Sales Operations or Channel Operations