Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Computer Operator plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s information technology functions. The role is primarily responsible, under direct supervision, for maintaining company printers, monitoring data transfer systems, providing data backup assistance, running and distributing reports/logs, and performing other IT-related tasks.
- Run daily production jobs to completion and distribute reports as needed.
- Update production and distribution logs daily or as needed.
- Take weekly inventory of printing-related supplies, ensuring adequate materials are available.
- Maintain printers with sufficient paper, ribbons, toner, and maintenance kits.
- Maintain clean working environment in work areas and computer room.
- Set up monthly job schedule and verify accuracy.
- Ensure accuracy of PER/ZIP postal coding software by performing monthly updates.
- Monitor that systems are working properly daily; e.g., EDI, FAX, FTP, etc.; assess overall system performance and escalate errors appropriately.
- Handle statement uploads and prints as needed.
- Contribute ideas for improving production or work environment.
- On a daily basis, backup tapes by copying data to DVD and sending to offsite storage vendor.
- Initiate the transmittal of data to various vendors (e.g., MERS, FTP, etc).
- Provide after hours support (via pager duty), as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, along with at least one year of IT-related experience maintaining printers and running batch reports.
- Flexible schedules required, in order to provide after hours support.
- General working knowledge of the importance of physical and system security, and an understanding of how these systems function.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Prior experience using PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess an aptitude for computer technology.
- Direct supervision, depending on experience
- Low independent judgment and discretion used in executing core job responsibilities
- Project work includes internal system updates, testing and validation across departments
- Works with external vendors
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Active mobility in an office setting required. Lifts boxes of up to 30 lbs. frequently throughout the day. There are also periods of sitting while monitoring systems.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard. Must be able to change toner and perform routine maintenance duties on equipment requiring a moderate to high degree of manual dexterity.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Targeted Salary: $20/hr to $25/hr
Compensation at Guild is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to local and federal minimum wage requirements, education, level of experience, and applicant’s geographical location.