Under the direction of the Director, Finance, the Manager is accountable for coordinating the ongoing development and operation of the financial services department and for maintaining the quality of service within this department.The Manager assists the Director and Chief Financial Officer with operational planning and provides daily work direction to achieve departmental and organizational objectives for both Sharp Rees-Stealy (SRS) and Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group (SRSMG).The Manager is responsible for oversight of month end financial reporting; consulting with the operating entity leadership regarding financial priorities, oversight of the budget planning process, and managing the coordination and preparation of the 5 year operating and capital budgets for the operating entity. The Manager ensures effective and efficient systems and processes are utilized to achieve and improve financial outcomes.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour -Day shift; Weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of finance experience preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Experience managing staff.
- Proficient user of Excel and Access.
- Excellent organizational, project management and leadership skills are essential, with a demonstrated track record in effectively developing, interfacing and maintaining collaborative relationships with healthcare/operating entity leadership, executives, physicians and other key business partners. Specialized, theoretical and technical financial skills acquired through education and experience.
- Management skills - demonstrated ability to remain flexible in rapid change environment and current health care dynamic climate.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design and implement and evaluate one's own work and to work independently with minimal observation or supervision.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, as well as prepare concise, accurate and meaningful reports.
- Good documentation skills with the ability to keep neat, accurate and concise records.
- Human Relations skills - demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively and to work collaboratively with multiple others of diverse cultures, education background, experience, etc. Demonstrated knowledge of team building skills and principles of self-managed work teams.
- Political Process skills - ability to function well under condition of current environment; ability to collaborate with multiple others; ability to build partnerships with physicians and others.
- Must possess the ability to exercise sound judgment on financial decisions, which affect the operating entity.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA or CIA certification
- Finance experience in a healthcare setting
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.