Sharp HealthCare's Information Systems Department was rated “Best Hospital IT Department” in the large hospital category by HealthCare IT News and is nationally recognized within the health care industry. Sharp HealthCare’s IT department is consistently ranked in the top “100 Most Wired HealthCare Systems” by Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine and recently ranked in Computerworld's 'Best Places to Work', Sharp HealthCare was ranked #1 in the Pacific region.
Patient registration and scheduling is often the first contact a patient has with Sharp, it sets the tone for our patient experience. The IT ACCESS team which supports patient access areas takes this role seriously. IT ACCESS Systems Analyst will help with key initiatives supporting systems for registration, scheduling and check-in processes. The initiatives include implementation, ongoing build and system support involving the Centricity Business, Cerner Registration and Scheduling Applications. Analyze customer requirements and translate them into solid system design, with an emphasis on enhancing productivity and standardized workflows. Initiate and complete documentation including project plans, change management, create training resources and support documents.
This position offers exciting opportunities for various integration initiatives ranging from biometric palm vein scanning and enterprise registration and scheduling including patient self-service solutions such as patient preference, mobile pre-check-in and patient kiosks.
The IT ACCESS team’s key responsibilities are end user on-call support, testing and documentation of issues for vendor resolution, design, testing and build with new releases, workgroup participation to plan for added features and changes in workflow, coordination with Hospital/SRS Training and Operational Teams and coordination with other IS teams for planning and testing.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, weekends as needed and Heavy volume On-Call one week per month.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Requires bachelor’s degree in healthcare, information systems, or related field or appropriate certifications may be substituted. Relevant experience in excess of five (5) years.
- Five (5) years of experience in a health system or related subject matter experience
- Minimum of (3) years in a systems analyst role
- Knowledge of clinical and business operations in a healthcare environment. Knowledge of hospital and clinic culture, regulatory requirements (e.g., JCAHO), and health care requirements as it relates to information security and privacy (e.g., HIPAA).
- Must have strong leadership skills and experience plus the ability to Lead and Communicate in a professional manner
- Proficiency in the applications supported by the department, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, and Project Web App
- System configuration, testing and HL7 knowledge supporting Cerner REG, Centricity/GECB EWS, VM and MPI or any other HIS system with similar functionality
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Professional Certifications (2 preferred): Certifications that portray advanced level of proficiency relevant to the job responsibilities
- Project Management experience
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.